Balázs Erdélyi (40) holds a PhD degree in Biotechnology from Corvinus University of Budapest. He worked for Institute for Drug Research Ltd., Budapest (Hungary) since 1998. From 2002 till 2006 he was the head of Fermentation Pilot Plant, in charge of all activities related to the scale-up of different biosyntheses and bioconversions. He has been involved in enzymatic preparation of chiral intermediates. He is member of two Committees of Hungarian Academy of Sciences and member of the Hungarian Society for Microbiology.
Articles in English:
- B. Erdélyi, L. Birincsik and A. Szabó: TLC Method for Quantitation of Methylenedioxyphenylacetone and its Derivative Formed in a Resin-Added Bioreduction Process. Journal of Planar Chromatography (2003) 16 246-248.
- B. Erdélyi, A. Szabó, L. Birincsik and Á. Hoschke: Process development of methylenedioxyphenol acetone chiral bioreduction. Journal of Molecular Catalysis: B Enzymatic (2004) 29 195-199.
- B. Erdélyi, A. Szabó, L. Birincsik, G. Seres, J. Salát, J. Ivanics and A. Kónya: TLC/HPTLC and HPLC Methods for Monitoring Microbial Transformation Processes. Journal of Planar Chromatography (2004) 17 132-136. (if: 1,049)
- A. Szabó and B. Erdélyi: Magnetizable molecular model (MMM) – behaviour of enantiomers in magnetic field. Journal of Molecular Structure (THEOCHEM) (2005) 715 215-217.
- A. Szabó, B. Erdélyi, J. Salát and Gy. Máté: Densitometric Determination of Some Bioactive Guanidinium Compounds Without Post-Derivatization. Journal of Planar Chromatography (2005) 18 203-206.
- A. Kónya, , J. Salát, J. Sütő, A. Szabó, A. Gábor and B. Erdélyi: Conversion of compactin into pravastatin by Micromonospora sp. (submitted)
- B. Erdélyi, A. Szabó, L. Birincsik, G. Seres, G. Szatzker and L. Poppe: Stereoselective production of (2S)-aryl-and aralkyl-2-ols by yeasts. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry (2006) 17 268-274.
- A. Szabó, A. Kónya, V. Széll,Gy. Máté and B. Erdélyi: TLC Method for Monitoring Microbial Production of Primycin. Journal of Chromatographic Science (in press, 2006)
- A. Szabó, A. Kónya, I. Winkler, Gy. Máté and B. Erdélyi: Simultaneous monitoring of target compounds and carbohydrate patterns in the course of various pharmaceutical fermentations. Journal of Planar Chromatography (in press, 2006) (if: 1,049)
- Károly Takács, Antal Szabó, Irén Winkler, Balázs Erdélyi: TLC Method for Monitoring the Formation and Degradation of Bacterial Exo-Polysaccharides Journal of Planar Chormatogrphy 24, 3.211.213 (2011)
- Zoltán Boros, Emese Abaházioá, Márk Oláh, Péter Sátorhelyi, Balázs Erdélyi, László Poppe: Novel hydrophobic silica gels as carriers for lipases – Separation of lipase A and lipase B from Candida antarctica, Monographic supplement series: Chiral Technologies – chimica oggi/Cehmistry Today – vol.30n.5 (September/October 2012)
- Antal Szabo, Károly Takács, Csilla Kalinak, Balazs Erdelyi: Thin-Layer Chromatographic Method for Separation of Wheatgrass Pigments on Sucrose Impregnated Silica Gel Plates, Journal of Planar Chormatogrphy (2012)